Class of 1920 Commons

Class of 1920 Commons

This modern building, designed as part of the 1971 expansion of campus, provides a link between a garage at the south end and a dining hall at the north. Slope-topped light wells, and cantilevered stairs on the exterior recall the sculptural late work of LeCorbusier. The facade has been altered by a metal, bowed front that was added in 1987-8 by Research Planning Associates whose members included Maria Romanach, the daughter of the late Mario Romanach, designer of the building.

Address
3800 Locust Walk
Philadelphia PA, 19104

Class of 1920 Commons

Building Code:
80
Gross Area (sq. ft.):
47,593
Year Built:
1970/1989
Addition Year:
1989
Floors:
3
Architect:
Eshback, Pullinger, Stevens, Bruder/RPA
Other Name:
1920 Commons, Dining Service, Dining Commons, Class of 1920 Dining Commons
Area Manager:
Mike Doherty
midohert@upenn.edu
215-573-7296
Building Manager:
Sarah McFarlane
smcfarla@upenn.edu
215-573-1145