Cohen Hall, Claudia
Claudia Cohen Hall, opened for use by the University's Medical School in 1874, was the second building constructed by the University on its West Philadelphia campus, following by two years the construction of College Hall, located directly to its east. Thomas W. Richards who also supplied the design for College Hall designed this building. After the School of Medicine moved to the Medical Laboratories Building (now the John Morgan Building) on Hamilton Walk, the building was known as Logan Hall, in memory of James Logan, William Penn's colonial secretary and a founding trustee of the College of Philadelphia, the University's predecessor institution and it became the home of the Wharton School. After the completion of Vance Hall, the Wharton School's last programs left Logan Hall and the building became the home of several School of Arts and Sciences departments as well as University Life and other administrative offices.