Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, University of Pennylvania
A team of three prominent Philadelphia architects designed the University Museum, all of who taught on the faculty of the University -- Wilson Eyre, Cope and Stewardson and Frank Miles Day and Brother. Only a portion of the original plan for the Museum was built. The first phase was completed in 1899 and housed the discoveries from an expedition sponsored by the University to the ancient site of Nippur. In 1915, the rotunda, which houses the Harrison Auditorium in the basement, was completed. Charles G. Klauder designed the Coxe Memorial Wing, which opened in 1926 to house the Museum's Egyptian collection. The Sharpe Wing was completed in 1929.