Dental Medicine Library - Evans Building

Dental Medicine Library - Evans Building

Dental Medicine Library - Evans Building

Large-scale dental facility, related in style to Cope &, Stewardson's buildings, but with a frieze of dental tortures. The building recognizes the contribution of one of the great characters of the nineteenth century, Thomas Evans, dentist to the royalty of Europe, who gave a fortune and the site of his home to Penn for a dental institute and museum. The Evans building contains the Leon Levy Library and is entered through the Schattner Center entrance on 40thh Street.

Address
240 South 40th Street
Philadelphia PA, 19104

Dental Medicine Library - Evans Building

Building Code:
140
Gross Area (sq. ft.):
119,446
Year Built:
1915
Floors:
4
Architect:
John T. Windrim
Area Manager:
Dana Pinckney
dpin@upenn.edu
215-573-2738
Building Manager:
Amir Schinnar
amirsc@dental.upenn.edu
215-279-4339