Evans Building

Evans Building

Evans Building with a tree in front of the building

A large-scale dental facility, related in style to Cope &, Stewardson's buildings, but with a frieze of dental tortures. The building recognizes the contribution of one of the great characters of the nineteenth century, Thomas Evans, dentist to the royalty of Europe, who gave a fortune and the site of his home to Penn for a dental institute and museum. The Evans building contains the Leon Levy Library and is entered through the Schattner Center entrance on 40th Street.

Evans Building Location

Address
4001 Spruce Street
Philadelphia PA, 19104

Evans Building

Building Code:
140
Gross Area (sq. ft.):
119,446
Year Built:
1915
Floors:
4
Architect:
John T. Windrim
Other Name:
The Thomas W. Evans Museum & Dental Institute, Evans Institute, School of Dental Medicine, Evans Dental, Dental Medicine
Download Penn Access PDF:
Area Manager:
Adrian Reynolds
areyn@upenn.edu
215-746-1463
Building Manager:
Amir Schinnar
amirsc@dental.upenn.edu
215-279-4339